Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Walk in the Rains


How happy I am..
To see you again,
In front of me.
To see that beautiful smile,
To see that twinkle in your hazel eyes.
To listen to you speak slowly in your sing-song voice!

As we walked together,
In the gentle drizzle,
Me holding an umbrella for you;
And listening attentively;
To every word that you spoke;
It was a walk in the rains.

A walk to remember,
Or rather a walk that-
I will never forget!
You looked troubled,
And as you spoke;
I noticed the sadness in your eyes and voice.

You know that I am there,
Just a phone-call away!
I am no Superman to work miracles;
But I can listen to you with care.
And try my best to help you;
In anyway to make you feel happy and see you smile.

Let your worries,
Vanish away in the dust,
That the rains wash away,
Let there be just happiness,
That we can share with each other.
A walk in the rains!

8 comments:

gitanjali said...

Awwwww :) :)
so simple, so sweet!
god bless :)

mahesh said...

Thanks Gitanjali :)

mahesh said...

Thanks ashwini :)

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

So Sweet! and a little romantic too...lovely!

mahesh said...

Thanks Jaishree :)

Sri Valli said...

Very sweet poem...:)

Karen Xavier said...

Lovely and soulful, hope all those worries fade away... and that your hopeful romantic heart never ceases believing in the simple wonders of life.

mahesh said...

Thanks Karen :)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.